What is Car Hire Excess Insurance and why do I need it?
When hiring a car, most car rental companies provide comprehensive motor insurance which protects you against any costs that you would incur in the event of an accident or theft. However, most car rental companies include an excess on their car rental agreements. In the event of an accident or if the rental car is damaged or stolen, you will be liable for the initial portion of a loss or damage up to a specified amount on your car rental agreement. This could range from €500 up to €2,000+ and this charge may apply even if the damage is not your fault.
When you rent/hire a car in the USA or Canada, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Supplementary Liability Insurance (SLI) may not be included. Very often, mandatory liability limits by State can be very low. When you purchase AIG’s Car Hire Insurance, our SLI insurance cover tops up the mandatory liability limits to $1,000,000.
What is included in Care Hire Excess Insurance
O’Leary Insurances Ltd has teamed up with AIG to offer the range of benefits set out below:
- Save over €200 on your premium (savings based on a recent survey for Car Hire Excess Insurance for a Ford Focus on a two week holiday to Spain, February 2012)
- Low cost car hire excess insurance. Cover from less than 14 cent per dayn (price based on the leave in cost for excess only annual cover to Europe, April 2012)
- 30+ years experience in the Irish market
- Choice of Daily or Multi Trip travel insurance options
- No Excess on damage done to the rental car including damage to wheels/tyres, windscreen, undercarriage and roof (subject to a limit of up to €2,500 per claim or €3,750 in any one period).
- Free Personal Accident coverage up to €40,000 as standard
- Coverage for up to 5 additional drivers who are named on the car rental agreement
- Coverage for fire, theft and vandalism
- Coverage for up to 60 consecutive days
- No exclusion for hiring from main residence
- Key cover included
- Personal effects cover included
- AIG Car Hire Insurance (Car Hire Excess) provides a reimbursement of the excess applied to your car rental agreement that is both value for money and offers you the best possible coverage.
Get a quote for Car Hire Excess Insurance
Get a Car Hire Insurance quote (Car Hire Excess) online today and see for yourself how we can save you money! Arranging car hire excess insurance online could not be easier. Simply click on the "Get a Quote" button and complete the questions. There's even a help feature if you are unsure of anything. Just choose the insurance cover that best meets your needs and buy online in just a few minutes!
Please click on the below button to get your quote now.
Other types of personal insurance
Request a Call Back
Contact one of our nationwide offices for more information and a quote.Request a call backor contact your nearest branch: