11 January, 2018
Group Compliance Manager – Cork
O’Leary Insurance Group is one of Ireland’s largest independent insurance brokers and consultants with over 200 employees operating across eight locations. Providing a comprehensive insurance broking service to all business sectors and professions, our activities span commercial & personal general insurance, life insurance & pensions, health insurance, risk management and claims advisory services.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Group Compliance Manager. Based in our head office in Blackrock, Cork city the role will ensure that all general insurance activities across the O’Leary Insurance Group are in full compliance with all key regulatory, legislative and any new EU directives, including professional standards and best business practices.
- Define, establish and implement a robust compliance and risk management framework for personal and commercial lines of business
- Undertake compliance monitoring activities including the review of client files and associated documents, and terms of business agreements with Insurers and suppliers e.g. banks
- Provide support, advice and training to Directors, managers and employees to understand their risk, compliance and corporate governance responsibilities
- Provide assistance and expertise as required to other functions in the Group including Finance and HR
- Ensure all compliance principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively appraised and communicated
- Engage with and respond in a timely manner to any errors and complaints raised by our clients and / or the Financial Ombudsman
- Act as both Money Laundering Officer and Data Protection Officer for the Group
- Provide support, guidance and advice on compliance matters in mergers, acquisitions, strategic growth and development plans
Skills & Experience Required:
- Professional qualification in compliance and / or risk management and / or legal
- Previous experience of compliance with exposure to risk management in a regulated / authorised financial services environment
- Experience of the general insurance sector, preferably with experience in personal and / or commercial insurances
- Familiar with compliance and regulatory requirements for the general insurance sector
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of compliance and risk management software
- Strong Communication & Influencing skills with the ability to decipher implications of regulations and laws and how to establish and integrate best practices
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For telephone enquiries please call 021 4536819.
O’Leary Insurances Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland